Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Well, I guess this is the new landscape.

If there is any silver lining to the madness of the past five years it is this: The federal government has taken its own length of rope and proven itself to be an enemy of Americans. It operates for the benefit of crass commercial interests. The lie is laid bare that it has anything to do with protecting you or promoting justice.

This is something I had known for some time. But now everyone knows it. So now I don't seem like a kook anymore, talking crazy talk; now I seem eminently reasonable. As the man said, when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro...

Had this been a system of governance based on a naked expression of force, like a Robert Mugabe, me-have-guns-and-you-obey type of system, I could handle that. I can respect a greater show of force, as long as it's honestly portrayed as such; from the warrior's viewpoint, there is honorable reason in submitting to an overwhelmingly more powerful army.

But when they don't even have the guts to come right out and call it naked force, when it's advertised as being HappyTime government,... this is just not something I can respect. They're not warriors. They don't have the balls to declare themselves as your enemy. A warrior does not claim to be your friend and then stab you in the back. This does not elicit respect from me...

So let's see what's happened:

1. Your vote means nothing.
2. Intelligence agencies and foreign lobbies bribe and blackmail all three branches of the federal government.
3. The levers of power have been seized by those whose moral aspirations extend all the way to making money.
4. Trials, evidence, and all that weirdo law stuff are not relevant.

In short, the federal government has nothing to do with the duly constituted United States. That's too bad, because I kind of liked the concept of a benevolent guarantor of liberty.

In the interest of social stability, I was willing to sit on my hands and await the restoration of lawful government. Doesn't seem like that's going to happen... I suppose that one will get home sooner when he finally comes to accept that the car has broken down and that he needs to set about walking.

So I reluctantly have come to agree with Chief Legal Sophist Alberto Gonzalez and Special Attache for Legal Legerdemain John C. Yoo that the United States no longer legally exists.

Now all I have to do is give a wide berth to the savages running around with stolen government cars and misappropriated badges and guns. It is as if some local thugs had broken into the National Guard armory and driven out with a tank.

I suppose that my defense is my own responsibility now. OK. I can handle that.

And the sooner that the original states recognize that any federal authority has devolved to them, the more smoothly will be the transition to assuring social stability. If they're smart, the states will begin the process of developing a parallel currency. They will also begin a decoupling from federal mandates. State and local police must be forbidden to enforce federal laws. And they must be employed to repulse tank-driving thugs on a joyride. All of these initiatives are perfectly lawful, as the United States no longer exists.

If the states do not recognize this new political landscape, they will be abandoning their own citizens to the rapacious thugs.

Societies are most stable under law. The states must craft a new system to assure social stability in the face of this hijacked Frankenstein's Monster known as the defunct United States.

And if they refuse to do that out of cowardice, then they will understand if their betters reluctantly shoulder the burden of one's own defense...