Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My Headshrinker and Me

This is some proto-form of some kind of joke or scene I'm working on:

-----------------

"Doctor, we've been through this before--"

"--I know, Chris, but I'd like to see if we can dig a little deeper. [Scribbles] Would you say that you have a grandiose sense of self-importance?"

"Wouldn't you?"

"Wouldn't me what?" [scribbles more]

"As Supreme Ruler of 3-Space? It just seems like it goes with the territory."

"OK... Do you have fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, or beauty?"

"Unh... Just look at me..." [waves his hands at himself]

"Do these powers derive from an intellectual...or a sexual...prowess?"

[Exasperated, defiant look out the window] "Doctor, I'm hung like a field mouse. ...Of course it's intellectual. Who else do you know has the power to attack across time?"