Saturday, November 18, 2006

I started some new work today.

I reported to the offices of the company for which I install equipment. I went and installed some equipment. I returned to the office later in the day.

I was talking to the guy who runs the operation. I said --loudly enough for all to hear and with a completely straight face, "So when I'm in the customer's house, is it OK to steal things?"

His face registered nonbelief that this was happening.

Knowing that I was on to something, I continued reeling him in. "You know, go through their things?" I patiently awaited an answer from anyone in the nonplussed audience.

I continued still further: "Yeah. You can make more money that way."

And then everyone became extremely shocked and probably completely not impressed with me.

_I_ thought it was funny. ...At the time...