Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I will remind my audience...

...that I am a stage performer. My primary tool is mind control. I take it as a matter of professional pride that my audience does not know what is real...until I should condescend to inform you...

I play many roles: The Supreme Ruler of 3-Space, a military mastermind, an insane person, the vengeful destroyer, the benevolent creator, the broken drunk... You perceive me precisely as I prescribe. And this is laughably easy.

I lend my performance a verisimilitude by operating against a tableau of "real" current events. These current events may include military actions, domestic coups d'etats, economic upheaval, racial strife...

Though I fight for truth, I will lie to you. I apologize for that...unsavory...method of communicating my truths. Your resistance to the truth makes necessary the casting of it as a lie. ...Why the outrage? You've embraced lies for so long that you lack any moral standing to complain.

I am not to be regarded as a representative of any truth movement in the world outside that which I create onstage. Their truths exist independently of my employment of them to weave my story...

In the end, you will thank me for my gift of truth. But in the meantime, do not ever... ever... arrogantly come to believe that you know what is real.

Don't you ever forget that my target of sport is you.