Sunday, November 25, 2007

Perfidy

perfidy
1592, from M.Fr. perfidie, from L. perfidia "falsehood, treachery," from perfidus "faithless," from phrase per fidem decipere "to deceive through trustingness," from per "through" (see per) + fidem, acc. of fides "faith" (see faith). The adj. perfidious is attested from 1598.

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper

--------
per·fi·dy (pûr'fĭ-dē) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. per·fi·dies
  1. Deliberate breach of faith; calculated violation of trust; treachery: "the fink, whose perfidy was equaled only by his gall" (Gilbert Millstein).
  2. The act or an instance of treachery.
[Latin perfidia, from perfidus, treacherous : per-, to destruction; see per- + fidēs, faith; see bheidh- in Indo-European roots.]

--dictionary.com

------------

You may get angry at a dog for biting you, but you can't really get angry at a dog for doing what it does naturally. You don't curse the knife for the sharpness of the blade, as they say.

I can, however, find more justification in being angry at a people who, at every turn, trade upon the confidences they had built with me to plunge the shiv in and take my wallet. Treachery + Destruction of Faith. Yup, that's them alright.

But I know that I have to temper my anger. Why? Because anger is not good for the soul or for the larger world.

This is something I had addressed earlier: The "informational certitude" of a thought is very close to that of 3-space reality. As you think, so it becomes. If you want a world full of love, you will love. If you want a world full of hate, you will hate.

When I quit that liquidation store job, I came home and roamed around muttering and positively spitting with rage. I was angrier than I had been in quite some time. Well, after about an hour of this, the mirror in the bathroom fell to the floor with a crash.

The mirror had hung there for two years. It hangs by a length of that braided picture wire that you buy at the hardware store. The wire is looped through an eye hook on each side. Then the wire is twisted 'round itself after it is passed through the hook.

The wire had unwound itself on one end, causing the mirror to fall.

Could this have happened by itself? Certainly. If you pull hard enough on a wire that is twisted 'round itself, it will unwind. And if the wire had not been twisted enough, perhaps the inexorable pull of the earth would have achieved this by itself. These things happen all the time.

But it is my job to notice things that others might overlook. I figure systems out. And then I fix them. It's what I do. I am very good at it. Make no mistake about that.

I will tell you: One informational state leads to one of the many possible successive informational states by way of an "informational bridge." My negative thoughts --and thoughts, remember, have an informational certitude very close to that of 3-space reality-- provided that bridge to the reality in which that mirror fell. My negative thoughts provided the extra "oomph" that gravity needed to unwind that wire.

One's thoughts can influence reality. Thoughts provide the bridge to the next economically plausible informational state. (And when I say "economically," I mean in the sense of energy or information --which are synonymous-- not money.)

So I have to be very careful not to be angry --though I have every reason to be so.

Now: I am an intelligent, well educated, mannered, generally placid person. And I am pissed off as all hell at Jews and their precious, perfidious homeland.

How do you expect the thug on the subway or the yahoo in the big, shiny truck to react when it becomes known that it was actually Israel and its lying minions who roam around defiling this land? Huh? ...And it will become known, because it's the truth. And the truth always comes out.

Do you people have a contingency plan? And, no, more lying does not constitute a contingency plan. I'm talking about redeeming yourselves. Do you have a plan to do this?

Your Redemption is nigh. You know that, right?