Sunday, August 06, 2006

Here's my quandary:

Just so everyone is clear on my position:

I indict for active participation in the crime of 9-11 the following:

-Well placed renegade elements within the intelligence agencies of the United States, The United Kingdom, and Israel, among perhaps others.

-Renegade elements within the militaries of the United States and Israel, among perhaps others.

-Renegade elements within the CIA and FBI, among likely other federal Executive-branch agencies.

-George W. Bush

-Donald Rumsfeld

-Dick Cheney

I indict for complicity in the theft of American liberty and for crimes against the very conception of human decency prosecuted in the actions against the peoples of Afganistan, Iraq, and Lebanon the following:

-All members of the United States Congress voting in favor of the Patriot Act, without even having read it, and for the authorization of military force in the aforementioned theaters or for the delivery of weapons to Israel.

Whereas 9-11 was a self-inflicted wound and whereas the Patriot Act was passed without due deliberation, I recognize, in keeping with any American tradition of law, that it is null and void.

I am living in a land of complete lawlessness. And I don't quite know what to do about it. All I can conclude is that the United States no longer exists, my oath-mandated efforts to defend the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic notwithstanding.

God help the American legacy.