Monday, August 28, 2006

This is my day job:

A Red Bull is a dollar ninety nine.

A small Poland Spring Water is ninety-nine cents, whereas the next size up is $1.29 and the big one is 1.79.

A "regular size" Slim Jim (according to whatever metric I may have devised) is 1.09.

Candy is 80 cents. Unless it's someone I don't know. Then it's 90.

All potato chips in that aisle are ninety-nine cents. UNLESS it is from that one company, in which case they are a dollar nineteen.

We have scratch-off lottery tickets in denominations of 1 through 20 of your earth dollars. You are guaranteed to lose your comparative money just as quickly with any of them.

Tums are ninety nine, as are all other medicinals that people should have brought with them from their fancy lairs in New York.

That one beef jerky is 5.99. But for the weight, that two ouncer of that Vermont jerky for 2.99 is better.

I am sorry that you need to give me eighteen dollars and twelve cents for a sale that totals four dollars. I cannot magically know what combination of convenient change you would like. It's not that I don't know how to count change, it's that I got tripped up trying to figure out how you could be so asinine...